Sample Cover Letters

Sample Cover Letters
523 Sandstone Drive
Bloomington, IN 47404

September 19, 2009

Ms. Hillary Hirer
Director of Human Resources
Technology Job Corporation
1 Paycheck Avenue
Chicago, IL 60111

Dear Ms. Hirer:

I am submitting my application for the Web developer position for Technology Job Corporation’s Indianapolis offices. I became aware of this opportunity through Career Link, the Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing online job posting system. I am especially interested in a position documenting Web‐based applications or in a position that involves the use of XML, technical writing, web development, and knowledge management.

Last summer I interned as a technical writer and process manager for Acme Solutions, the global venture between Dot Inc. and Com Inc. At Acme, I worked on a team that developed, managed, and documented provisioning processes for the launching of a global IP network called Acme IP Select, which offers class of service‐to‐application mapping and traffic shaping on high‐capacity connections for virtual private networks. This experience has provided me the necessary tools to collaborate on large Web development projects, a skill that would serve me well as your Web developer.

In addition, throughout my time as an informatics student at Indiana University, I have worked at John Doe Company on intranet development for their Managed Internet Service. I was responsible for much of the building of its Knowledge Management System, or KMS, an intranet with thousands of files. In this position I wrote extensive process documentation, documented proprietary applications, organized a huge site with a JavaScript table of contents to simplify navigation, developed and maintained indexes for hundreds of documents, and managed a large‐scale, book‐length documentation project.

I believe my internship and work experiences, combined with my Informatics degree, are a great fit for your organization. Enclosed you will find my resume which further outlines my educational background and experiences. I would like the opportunity to meet with you in person to discuss the web developer position. I will contact you on October 3, 2009, to ensure the arrival of my materials and inquire about scheduling an interview. You may reach me at 812/555‐5555 or chasekappel@indiana.edu. Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to talking with you soon.

Sincerely,

(signature)

Chase B. Kappel
Enclosure

We hope this sample cover letters can help you and give you ways to get project.